Industry: Leisure and Sport
The Football Association (The FA) is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
Wembley Stadium is currently looking for people to join its team of Matchday Groundstaff.
You will be required to work proactively with the Wembley Grounds Team to maintain and prepare the Wembley pitch to the highest standard for all events hosted by the stadium.
We're looking for motivated & dependable individuals who can commit to working our fixtures.
Every event is a big event for us, and we prepare the pitch to the highest standard every time. This is something we are renowned for worldwide.
As a Matchday Groundsperson you'll be expected to work from an hour and a half before kick-off, through the game, and then for a number of hours after the game. Please be aware that some games may finish late meaning that we sometimes work until 2am the following morning.
You will be required to attend a weekend training session prior to your first event. This session will take place on either a Saturday or Sunday morning and will last up to 4 hours. You will be provided with uniform upon completion of your training.
We ask that you are able to commit to a third of all events that we run throughout our season.
• Maintaining and preparing the pitch to universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by Wembley, as agreed by bodies such as The FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA.
• Operate all necessary Wembley grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard and competently perform all tasks required including: divoting; mowing; portable-goal set-up and take-down.
• Follow all instruction given by the Full-Time Wembley Groundstaff.
• It is expected that you conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, in line with Wembley's world class standards.
• Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
We ask that you have the following skills we consider to be essential;
• Demonstrate an understanding of working in the events industry, which can involve unsocial hours and weekend working.
• Excellent punctuality and reliability.
• An enthusiastic approach to working at Wembley and a positive attitude in the face of challenges, e.g. changeable weather conditions, long days, unforeseen issues arising.
• A positive and inclusive approach to working in a large team
• General knowledge of football and/or rugby will also help but isn't essential
We are dedicated to producing a world class surface for all our events. This can only be achieved with a world class team behind us.
What we can offer you
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
The Football Association
Thursday November 24, 10:15
7th December 2022