Situated in 42 acres of landscaped grounds adjacent to the River Thames in Fulham, The Hurlingham Club is recognised as one of the world’s finest private member clubs. Since its opening in 1869, The Hurlingham Club’s croquet and tennis lawns, botanical gardens and stately Georgian Clubhouse have made it a sought-after destination for exclusive sporting and social activities.
The Grounds Team are part of the Estates Department and are made up of 26 professional and highly motivated individuals who pride themselves on the maintenance and upkeep of the prestigious grounds. The grounds of the Club include ten croquet lawns, thirty grass tennis courts, a cricket ground, a nine-hole golf course, two bowling greens and over a hectare of trees, flowers, shrubs and ornamental lawns. It is through the efforts of the Grounds team that the Club’s members are rewarded year on year with award winning sports surfaces and stunning season changing flowerbeds.
As a Groundsman you will work a 39 hour week with regular weekend work (compulsory but not guaranteed). Typical duties will include:
• To undertake general turf and grounds duties.
• Reporting and treating common pests, fungi and diseases.
• Setting out sports areas.
• Operating lawnmowers and other horticultural machinery.
Our Ideal Candidate
Candidates will embody our Club values; excellence, responsibility and courtesy.
Previous grounds or turf experience advantageous. Advantageous qualifications - NVQ 2 in Greenkeeping / Sports Turf Management and PA1 and PA6 Spraying qualifications. Candidates will have a hands-on approach, the ability to work under pressure, have excellent attention to detail and will be friendly, polite and diplomatic.
• 31 days’ annual leave (inclusive of 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 36 after five years’ service.
• Generous contributory pension.
• Life assurance, group income protection and an enhanced sick pay scheme.
• Opportunities for training, development, and progression.
• Annual bonus scheme and annual performance pay review.
• Staff social events, free meals on duty and free onsite parking.
The Hurlingham Club is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within four weeks then unfortunately you were not successful in your application on this occasion.
The Hurlingham Club
£25k To £29k (dependent On Experience) Annual Performance Review And Bonus Benefits Package
Jan 5th, 13:00
26th January 2023