To lead and be responsible for the management and delivery of grounds and landscape maintenance services, and processes that support the highest standard of playing surfaces throughout all sites (Etihad Stadium, City Football Academy and CFG clubs), and ensuring the highest standards of safety and an operational environment for MCFC’s employees and customers.
Role specific accountabilities:
1. To lead and manage the performance of the grounds services, including setting performance indicators, monitoring results, and delivering improvements in the quality of these services delivered to all MCFC sites.
2. To manage, develop and motivate the Grounds Maintenance team to embed the operational excellence and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
3. To oversee the delivery of grounds maintenance services in relation to playing surfaces and landscapes at all MCFC site and achieving the external and internal standards required.
4. To support match day operations.
5. To ensure that the monthly planning and day-to-day operational use of the grounds at all MCFC sites is to the highest standard, and in line with health and safety compliance and best practice.
6. To manage all site resources, especially finance in an efficient and effective manner and work closely with the Procurement team on service contracts and work orders inline with MCFC strategies.
7. To ensure that all projects are managed to the highest standards and that the quality of site provision meets the needs of employees and customers.
8. To attend meetings, write and present reports as and when required for the business.
9. To work closely with partners and stakeholders to provide the most suitable environment for the users of grounds facilities.
10. To manage contracts and assist where required in their procurement.
11. To support all the services delivered by the Infrastructure Development department including input where required on projects.
12. To monitor, evaluate and review evolving pitch construction types for stadia and training ground environments.
13. To liaise with the CFA and Stadium Head Groundspersons in monitoring, evaluating and interpreting data on the water recycling system, micro-climatic records, and pitch moisture sensors.
14. To oversee the implementation of a cost effective, environmentally friendly agro-chemical / fertilizer phoenix in consultation with the Grounds Maintenance Team and external advisors (suppliers and agronomists) including sourcing / arranging appropriate testing / identification for rootzone pH/nutrient levels, fungal disease, and turf pests.
15. To oversee and advise as appropriate on the carbon footprint of the ground’s maintenance services, annual renovation works and one-off pitch reconstruction projects.
Role specific knowledge, skills and experience:
Skills & Attributes:
• Maintain clear, consistent, and decisive leadership and management of staff.
• Set and meet clear targets and manage staff to achieve high performance outcomes.
• Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
• Monitor and evaluate the work of others and develop staff towards continuous improvement.
• Challenge staff performance and motivate others.
• Budget setting and associated financial planning and management.
• Plan to achieve around fixed deadlines and problem-solving skills.
• Able to deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences and report writing for internal purpose; able to write succinct reports on complex issues.
• The ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
• Establish relationships and influence key stakeholder groups, and maintain a customer focussed approach to the management of all external relationships.
• Demonstrate a good level of PC literacy.
• Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met.
• Negotiation skills to achieve desired outcomes.
• Managing teams and leadership of Grounds Management teams.
• Minimum of five years of a proven successful track record of grounds management service delivery.
• Setting targets, monitoring outcomes, achieving results, and working towards continuous improvement.
• Pitch maintenance to a high standard.
• Application of health and safety legislation.
• Contract management.
• Managing finances.
• Initiative and working on own.
• Managing modern pitch construction types including stitched and hybrid turf playing surfaces and overseeing their initial installation.
• Budget management and financial processes.
• Detailed knowledge of health and safety legislation / best practice. Qualification preferred.
• Managing contracts and use of performance indicators.
• Monitoring results, contracts and delivering continuous improvements.
• Minimum NVQ Level 5 Turf Management, or a Sports Turf Management Degree or equivalent, or IOG • National Diploma in Turfculture.
• An understanding of the construction, renovation and maintenance of all modern pitch construction types including stitched and hybrid turf surfaces.
To apply send your CV to:
Manchester City FC
Jan 11th, 16:30
31st January 2023