An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kirklees Stadium Development Ltd for an Assistant Groundsperson to work alongside our existing Grounds Team at The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield.
We are home to both Championship Football Club, Huddersfield Town and Super League Rugby Club, Huddersfield Giants. We also host Pop Concert during the Summer.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a passion to maintain the excellent standards befitting of our high-profile venue.
This is a full time role and you must be willing to work matchdays and events throughout the year, which will include weekends and evenings.
Previous experience of working in ground maintenance/sports turf management is preferable. You must be physically fit to withstand the physical demands of the job, have good communication skills and be a good time keeper.
Purpose of the Role
To assist the Grounds Team in maintaining and preparing the playing surface, and surrounding areas, to an excellent standard to ensure that all scheduled games and events go ahead as planned. To assist with grounds maintenance throughout the site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all relevant Company Policies, including Health & Safety, COSHH; are adhered to.
• Ensure the playing surface, and the surrounding areas, are prepared correctly for fixtures and other events involving the use of the playing surface. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Cutting/mowing to the correct height, depending on the event;
• Line marking to the Governing Body’s guidelines;
• Erecting the appropriate goal posts, goal pads, corner flags, pitch markers etc.
• Use a variety of hand tools and portable power tools in the performance of the work; observing proper safety procedures and rules related to the use of tools and equipment and ensure any protective clothing and equipment issued is worn.
• Ensure all equipment and machinery is cleaned after use, maintained to a high standard and securely stored when not in use. Ensure all machinery is regularly serviced and maintained to manufacturers recommendations.
• Perform daily preventative maintenance on tools and equipment and report any defects to the Head Groundsman.
• Maintain goals, dugouts and surrounding areas to a high standard at all times.
• Keep the Groundsman’s storage areas in a neat and tidy manner at all times.
• Work closely with the Head Groundsman and establish good communication with site partners, in particular Huddersfield Town Football Club and Huddersfield Giants Rugby League Club.
• In conjunction with the Head Groundsman, liaise with suppliers to ensure best products at the best price are sourced.
• Present a professional approach when dealing with colleagues, site partners and external contractors.
• To be vigilant and support all safety and security policies and procedures, in particular, ensuring all doors and gates are secure to prevent unauthorised entry into the Stadium.
• In conjunction with the Head Groundsman, produce a schedule for the regular spraying of weeds and moss surrounding the pitch and generally throughout the Stadium site and ensure the appropriate chemicals are used.
• Ensure all chemicals are stored following COSHH guidelines.
• Be proficient in the use of a ProCore machine to verti-drain the playing surface as and when required.
• To understand how the pitch irrigation and undersoil heating systems work and be proficient in their use and the programming of the systems.
• Ensure all grass clippings and landscaping waste is disposed of in line with Company Policy and within legal guidelines.
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Work experience within a team environment is essential
• Working within a sporting environment is preferred but not essential
• Proficient in the use of various tools and equipment associated with ground maintenance is essential.
• Working knowledge of COSHH regulations; Health & Safety At Work regulations and RIDDOR.
• Good organisation skills are essential, along with forward planning/scheduling.
• Good timekeeping is essential as is flexibility around the needs of the business.
• Must be physically fit to withstand the physical demands of the job and the working environment.
• Positive attitude is essential.
• Ability and willingness to work outside normal hours, including evenings and weekends
• A qualification in Landscaping / Ground Maintenance / Sports Turf Management is desireable, but not essential.
• Clean driving licence.
• Certificate in the safe use of chemicals/pesticides desireable
This job description is not exhaustive. The post holder will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as required within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, and the title of the post as required by their Line Manager.
37 hours per week, plus match and event days (including weekends and evenings)
If you are interested in the position, please download the Job Description and Application Form and return it, along with your CV, by post to the HR Manager, KSDL, The John Smith’s Stadium, Stadium Way, Huddersfield, HD1 6PG, or email Jayne.email@example.com
Kirklees Stadium Development Ltd
Competitive Depending On Qualifications And Experience
Tuesday January 24, 19:25