Dragon School, Oxford
Dragon School is one of Britain’s leading preparatory schools, offering a first-class day and boarding education for girls and boys aged 4-13 years. Located in the heart of the city of Oxford, the Dragon provides a distinctive educational experience that not only celebrates childhood and the joy of learning, but also prepares young people with the skills to thrive in a rapidly changing world and continue to ‘Reach for the Sun’ (Arduus ad Solem).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of sports and amenity surfaces including, strimming, and line marking.
• Lawn edging, maintaining shrub boarders, maintaining rose and flower beds and planters, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, pruning, bed preparation, planting.
• In conjunction with the Grounds Manager prepare, implement, and monitor weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance programmes, and adjust where necessary to ensure the required standard of surface presentation for both quality and safety.
• Budget monitoring and ensuring VFM with regards to resources.
• Deputising for the Grounds Manager in their absence.
• Supervise and manage staff and contractors to ensure standards of work are maintained and tasks completed.
• Supporting the delegation and assignment of work to team members
• Leaf blowing/sweeping/clearing.
• Hedge cutting.
• Salt spreading/Snow clearing.
• Removing rubbish from grounds area, helping to keep the grounds compound a tidy and safe environment.
• Carrying out general maintenance duties as required in relation to the upkeep of the grounds structure such as pavilions, scoreboards, fences and garden benches.
• Being familiar with the School sporting calendar and program.
• Being fully knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations pertaining to not only the grounds activities and plant machinery, but also the general School environment.
• Displaying at all times a thorough understanding of legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances.
• Promoting safe working practices.
• As required by the Head of Estates, assisting in the performance of other “whole team” duties occasionally undertaken by all members of the Estates team (for example Open Days, Sport Days, and Dragon Sale).
Applications for the role should be made through the Dragon School website
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th April with interviews held soon after.
The information document is also available here
As Dragon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful candidate will be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Bardwell Road, Oxford
£26 – 28,000
Mar 2nd, 12:00
28th March 2023