Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
• A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
• A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
• Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
• A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
• An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes.
The Assistant Groundsperson will be based at the Training Centre which is where the Club’s First Team training and coaching activities take place. Its impeccable presentation is one of the many features that have led to it being recognised as one of the best training facilities in Europe.
Due to the expansion of the Training Centre’s Grounds team, the department requires an Assistant Groundsperson. The successful candidate will work within a team of 17 grounds staff and report to the Training Centre Grounds Manager, assisting in the preparation and smooth operational running of the Club’s Training Centre pitches and lawns to the highest level of professional standards.
WHY MIGHT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR BE FOR YOU?
You will part of a large team (not only grounds staff but landscapers, mechanics, irrigation and health and safety staff) working on the latest pitch technology with brand new, state of the art machinery. Your role at the Training Centre will not only include turf care but you will also gain experience working on our in-house renovations and pitch constructions. The Training Centre is used not only by the Club, but it is also an international facility used by national teams. The facility has previously hosted England several times, Denmark, and the Italian National teams. On occasions, we offer the opportunity to work at our world-class Stadium.
As a Club employee you’ll receive discounts on our attractions such as the Dare Skywalk and Stadium Tours and in our stores. The Grounds Maintenance department offer an excellent staff training programme, the opportunity to join several building activities throughout the year, and you’ll be provided with lunch on site. Our exceptional, modern Grounds Staff welfare facilities include a breakout area and training rooms.
• To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day maintenance of the pitches and surrounding landscape of Tottenham Hotspur’s Training Centre, showing both proactiveness and teamwork.
• Ensure that the pitches meet the exceptional quality standards required by Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
• Use pedestrians and ride on mowers on football pitches and lawns.
• Assist in the renovation of pitches and grass areas.
• Mark out pitches.
• Clean equipment and wash down areas.
• Monitor pitches on a daily basis, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues.
• Take reasonable care concerning your own health and safety and that of persons who may be affected by the performance of these duties.
• Ensure equipment and materials are available when required.
• Keep all equipment and materials in good condition.
• Keep abreast of all relevant industry developments.
• Undertake any other duties designated by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
• Able to work across multiple sites if required.
• Thinks ahead, generates ideas and thinks of creative solutions to problems.
• Values & respects others, builds relationships and collaborates.
• Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
• Proactive, energetic, and self-sufficient.
Skills & Experience
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
• Experience within a similar role
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential.
• Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment.
• Full driving licence.
VIEW THE PROFILE DOCUMENT AND APPLY HERE
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion/belief, or sexual orientation.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Mar 17th, 10:00
31st March 2023