The Shropshire-based company formerly known as Amenity Land Services Limited has changed its name to Amenity Land Solutions Limited.
Introduced to better reflect the diverse and comprehensive range of products and services now offered to customers, the new trading name allows the business to retain its ALS acronym and logo, which has become well-known and respected over the 20 years that the company has been serving the amenity horticulture, landscaping and grounds care sectors.
To coincide with the change of name, ALS has re-located to a new and larger operations centre and warehouse facility at Units 2/3, Allscott, near Telford, less than four miles from its previous base at Long Lane, Wellington, near Telford.
Established as one of the country's leading suppliers of amenity horticulture products and services, ALS is aiming to build on the experience and expertise gained over the past 20 years to achieve sustained major growth over the coming months and years.
"Our target is to increase sales by at least 20 per cent by late 2010 and maintain the upward momentum over subsequent years," commented ALS's sales and marketing manager, Mark Smith. "To achieve this goal, we will be focusing closely on a number of core products unique to ALS that have the potential to bring substantial new and repeat business from professionals working in amenity and commercial horticulture, turf maintenance, landscaping and forestry."
The products for which ALS has high expectations include:
● Garsy® Flower Towers - innovative, free-standing structures available in heights from 1.45m to 2.65m which can be planted with annuals, shrubs, foliage, bulbs or herbs to provide eye-catching,
all-year-round floral displays in public open spaces, such as parks, gardens and precincts.
● Rubberloc® Tree Ties and Supports - a superb range of rubber ties, blocks and belting suitable for tree nursery managers and others responsible for growing, re- planting and establishing young trees in an urban or rural environment.
● The Mankar ultra-low volume spraying system - used to apply Roundup ProBiactive 450, the Mankar ULV system is able to achieve maximum weed kill at minimum chemical inputs with no drift, boosting productivity with greatly reduced manpower, costs and environmental impact.
● LM range of amenity grass seed mixtures - available in four purpose-designed mixes, the LM grass seed range can be had with and without ryegrass for general landscaping purposes, as a fine turf mix for more prestige areas and as an all-ryegrass winter sports mix for end-of-season renovation and over-seeding.
● Easy-Spray® KSU sprayer system - a kerbside spraying unit that enables CDA weed control to be carried out by commercial road sweepers and utility vehicles, maximising year-round productivity and standards. Features include automatic calibration, self-cleaning and simple push-button operation.
● Natural Solutions - a range of top quality, mostly organic products designed to promote strong and healthy plant establishment and growth. The range includes ALS's widely-used Mycorrmax® product - a non-peat soil conditioner and planting compost containing slow-release natural plant food, bio-stimulants and mycorrhizae fungi.
ALS has available an array of free literature on its entire range of products and support services, the latter encompassing pesticide operator training; contract spraying of turf, hard surfaces and aquatic areas; and turf aeration, renovation and drainage.
A printed copy of the ALS catalogue of Planting, Forestry and Landscaping Products or Sports Turf Maintenance Products can be obtained by contacting the company via its website: www.amenity.co.uk or, alternatively, either catalogue or individual sections can be downloaded direct from the above website.
(Garsy Flower Tower.jpg)
Sturdy and stable, eye-catching Garsy Planting Towers from ALS helped Tameside MBC to three wins in a row in the North West in Bloom competition.
(The Dingle Shrewsbury.jpg)
The summer formal bedding in Shrewsbury's famed Dingle Garden was established using Mycorrmax soil conditioner, one of ALS's Natural Solutions range.