Using Pesticides includes key facts from The Codes of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products with cross reference to the Codes of Practice for easy access to specific details.
The handbook also incorporates guidelines on complying with the latest Agricultural Waste Regulations.
Other sections include:
- How to minimise pesticide use including integrated crop management and resistance management;
- Training and certification requirements;
- What a COSSH assessment means for pesticide users;
- Environmental risk assessment including LERAPs;
- Storing and transporting pesticides;
- Product choice and handling and understanding the label;
- Choosing equipment and nozzle advice;
- Sprayer maintenance and decontamination;
- Record keeping and what to do in an emergency
Using Pesticides makes the perfect companion for BCPC's other guides for safe spraying including: Field Scale Spraying and Small Scale Spraying, the industry's best selling sprayer operator training manuals, and the Safety Equipment Handbook, providing the best advice on how to protect yourself when using pesticides.
Using Pesticides costs only £10. The Book can be purchased from either BCPC Publications Sales, 7 Omni Business Centre, Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QD UK. Tel: +44 (0) 1420 593 200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two other books relating to spraying are also available :-
- The complete guide to Field Scale Spraying
- The complete guide to Small Scale Spraying
BCPC website www.bcpc.org or from Pitchcare's Shop See link :- Using Pesticides.