Charlton have stressed they will do everything they can to ensure Sunday's match against Saints goes ahead.
The pitch at The Valley is currently covered in snow, while ice is affecting the stadium and surrounding areas.
A decision on whether the game will go ahead or not could well arrive on Friday morning, when the Addicks will review the situation.
Checks by groundsmen this morning found that some areas of the playing surface were in decent condition, but other parts were frozen.
With snow and further freezing temperatures forecast between now and Boxing Day, there is some doubt about whether the game will go ahead.
See the rest of the article on the following link:-Daily Echo