On the day that the UK woke up to find that its populace had voted to leave the European Union, so too did Daily Express readers to find that Elvis is still alive! How so? Well, video evidence, obviously.
In a somewhat tongue-in-cheek report, the paper shows video 'evidence' of an ageing man with long grey hair and a beard working as a groundsman at the King's estate, Graceland.
The proof is everywhere according to YouTube channel The Shadow:
- Pay close attention as he walks up to the camera.
- Look this was a fluke... I don't think he expected us to be watching. Or maybe he just took a chance because he doesn't usually come so close to the camera.
- He raises his two fingers to the top of his left head as a proof of life signal.
- He told us he is alive with the simple V sign.
- 'I'm Alive'. He is giving us a clue that he knows we are all there watching him and to his most loyal fans that he is indeed with us.
The site speculated "Elvis" had even visited Graceland as part of a rally for Harley-Davidson motorbikes.
It added: "There is a Harley Rally which goes on each year in Memphis. One of the things they do is drive over to Graceland for a photo shoot and it is our belief that Elvis is there helping out. He loves Harleys."
Despite the channel being given an identity for the man, it has refused to accept this and disputed it is who others have said he is.
The Shadow added: "Our personal view is it's him. When you look at his walk and gait, long arms it's him 100 percent.
"As he approaches he looks at the camera. As he walks away he glances at the camera."
Elvis broke a finger on his right hand aged 25, which left a noticeable change. The channel added: "We tried to look at his right hand to see the pinkie finger but he kept three fingers folded back as if to hide the finger.
The channel added: "We confirmed with a few sources that used to work at Graceland that it's him. As soon as they saw the images we sent, they wrote back and said 'yes', IT IS him as they remember him with the exact same ponytail.
"One said he had gained weight. But, to be fair, Elvis loves food and always had a problem with gaining weight, so this should not be a surprise.
"Plus, hey he's 81 years old… So we can cut him some slack!"
You can read the full article and watch the compelling video HERE