Essential Management Skills Course - New Dates Announced
Venue - Leicester Tigers RFC
Dates - 29th June & 28th September 2006
Frank Newberry. Frank has trained Groundsmen and Greenkeepers for more than 15 years and this new course is aimed at helping those in a supervisory or management position to acquire a range of vital management skills and put them into practice successfully in the workplace.
It would also provide a valuable insight into management responsibilities and skills for anyone with the ambition to hold a supervisory or management role.
Here's just one of the positive comments we received from delegates on the first course:
"It does exactly what it says on the tin. You learn the relevant skills that are essential for us as managers. The course is well prepared and presented. Thanks for providing it." Andy Crawford - Head Groundsman, Bloxham School.
A course itinerary is shown below. Places are limited to 12 per course. Three months separate the two days so delegates have the opportunity to implement new techniques and then feed their experiences back to the group. Attendance certificates will be provided to delegates who complete the course. The cost of £239+VAT covers two days of training, all course notes and handouts, refreshments throughout the day, buffet lunch and a three-month 'Trainer Helpline' to Frank Newberry.
DAY 1 - Thursday 29th June 2006
1. Reception and Course Introduction
2. Preferred Learning and Working Styles
3. Personal Work Planning, Objectives and Priorities
4. Leadership and Delegation
5. Leading the Work Team and the Power of Personal Example
6. Performance Management 1: Setting & Monitoring Standards
7. Performance Management 2: Motivating the Team to Meet High Standards
8. Negotiating in the Workplace
9. Stress management
10. Review and Action Planning for the Return to Work
DAY 2 - Thursday 28th September 2006
1. Course Overview and Learning Experiences since Day One
2. Conflict at Work and Managing Difficult People
3. Enhanced Communication Skills 1: 'One to One' and Networking
4. Enhanced Communication Skills 2: Team Meetings
5. Enhanced Communication Skills 3: Management Meetings
6. Enhanced Communication Skills 4: Making Presentations
7. Negotiating in the Workplace
8. Writing at Work, Reading and Recall
9. Review and Action Planning for the Return to Work
To book your place click here, or for further information call the office on 01902 824392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.