John Deere is once again sponsoring this autumn's English Golf Union golf club roadshows, which are taking place around the country during October and November 2006. The full list of dates is as follows:
· Tuesday 10th October at Northumberland Golf Club, Newcastle upon Tyne
· Wednesday 11th October at Moor Allerton Golf Club, Leeds
· Thursday 12th October at Mickleover Golf Club, Derby
· Wednesday 18th October at Chipping Sodbury Golf Club, Bristol
· Thursday 19th October at South Staffs Golf Club, Wolverhampton
· Friday 20th October at Northamptonshire County Golf Club, Northampton
The roadshows are now in their 11th year, and provide an opportunity for secretaries, course managers and other staff to keep up to date with the latest environmental and operational issues facing golf clubs.
This year all six venues will feature outdoor ecology and agronomy presentations, including a special John Deere machinery demonstration based on working demonstrations of the 2500E hybrid ride-on triple greens mower and the new Aercore 800 pedestrian aerator with verticut attachment.
In addition, John Deere Credit will explain how to finance anything from a single greens mower to an entire course maintenance fleet, easily and cost effectively, without it being a drain on capital budgets. There will also be presentations on topical issues such as irrigation system optimisation, waste management, and course preparation, presentation and set-up.
The roadshows are free of charge and refreshments and lunch are included. Further information can be found on the EGU website at www.englishgolfunion.org/