Innovations in Turfgrass Management
A one day seminar on the latest developments in Turf Technology, for turf professionals in all fields.
To be held at Epsom Racecourse, 26th June 2003 .
The Southern section of STRI is hosting another of its acclaimed one-day seminars. "Innovations in Turfgrass Management"will be held on 26th June 2003 in The Board Room, Queen's Stand, Epsom Racecourse.
This cutting edge seminar is aimed at professionals from all areas of the sports turf industry, including golf course managers, greenkeepers, Groundsmen, contractors and relevant departments within local authorities, schools and colleges.
The sessions, presented by STRI experts from throughout the south of England, will be complimented by demonstrations of materials and equipment from a range of contractors and suppliers. Topics will include:
- 1. Recycled Water: London has less rainfall per person than Madrid or Istanbul! New legislation and wastewater as an alternative water source
- 2.Irrigation Management:High-tech options, real time soil moisture monitoring/forecasting, demand-based irrigation
- 3.Wash-Down: Legislation limits pesticide contamination to 1 part in 10,000 million parts water. Is your wash-off facility adequate?
- 4.Turf Nutrition & Composting: Modern fertiliser practices, soil/tissue sampling, and latest STRI research. Waste disposal legislation brings a revival in composting
- 5.Aeration:21st century approaches to the perennial need for aeration. Slitting, tining, air injection, foam - what should you be using?!
- 6.Sports Surface Design & Construction: Drainage is still king on the best turf. New concepts in drainage, root zone composition and sports turf design
- 7.Integrated Pest & Disease Management: Use all the weapons in your armoury in the fight against disease. Update on biological controls and new-age chemicals
- 8.Artificial Surfaces:When all else fails - fake it! We discuss the pros and cons of plastic grass
Costs for the day will be £65 plus VAT including lunch and refreshments. A 15 % discount is available to STRI subscribers.