Global manufacturer Kawasaki has launched the TJ53E, the latest model in the TJ series of air cooled 2-stroke horizontal shaft Engines. It has been developed using the latest technology, features and machining techniques to exceed emission regulations without the need for a catalytic converter. The Engine is also more efficient delivering a reduction in fuel consumption ratio of 15% compared with conventional products.
Kawasaki's European OEM Manager, Horst Britze said "The TJ53E is a superior quality Engine. This compact model has the largest fuel tank capacity in its class and the technology we have used means it easily meets the target of regulations for low EMC emissions. This new Engine is also environmentally friendly and delivers exceptional power for a wide range of demanding applications."
Kawasaki's engineers have designed an aluminium spark plug cap specifically to reduce any electromagnetic interference and the Engine exceeds the broadband emission test based on ENISO14982:1998. The scavenging system and combustion chamber have been developed to ensure the Engine exceeds emission regulations without the need for a catalytic converter.
The Engine has been designed to be user friendly and offer easy maintenance features:
• Kawasaki Advanced Recoil starter is fitted as standard to ensure a smooth start every time
• The air cleaner is fitted with easy fixings for quick and easy maintenance
• V groove type spark plug has been relocated for optimum ignition
• Low vibration has been achieved by using new machining technology during the manufacture of the crankshaft, together with fitting a flywheel and lightweight piston
• A low noise clutch is fitted to ensure overall noise reduction
• Compact and lightweight design. Dry weight of 4.5kg
• Rare earth magnets used on the ignition system contribute to the overall reduction in weight and enhances Engine response.
The outstanding performance and durability that Kawasaki is known for is assured in the TJ53E with:
• Large fuel tank for long running times
• The development of the combustion chamber and scavenging system has contributed to fuel efficiency
• Maximum power output of 2.7hp (Net) at 7500rpm
• Maximum torque 3.0Nm at 5000rpm
The TJ53E joins an already impressive line up of Engines to consolidate Kawasaki's position as a leader in Engine design and innovation.
For further information please contact:
Paul Jennings, Kobu
T: +44 (0)1295 771182