MANAGING YOUR TEAM
These two day courses, held at Manchester United FC are being run by Geoff Brereton from Elmwood College. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for the course. It may be possible to extend it to a team-leader qualification by completing a project at work. This would then create a NEBSS Team Leader Award. Any such extension to qualification will be discussed during the two day course.
The course is to be held at Old Trafford on the 9/10th September; originally it had been planned for the 5th/6th August.
Cost is £250 per delegate and will include course fee and refreshments for the two days. Evening meals and overnight accommodation are not included, but a rate of £45 per night per room has been negotiated for the stay.
Please contact Dave Saltman in the first instance on +44 (0) 1902 824392 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details below:-
Aims of the course:
- Develop the skills required to make the transition from worker to supervisor
- Identify your own leadership style and how it can impact on the workplace
- Build, develop and most importantly maintain effective working teams
- Learn how to develop effective working relationships with others involved in the work environment
- Create a learning network with your fellow participants
- Develop an awareness of all aspects of the supervisory role including, discipline, grievance and attendance management.
- To develop the skills and knowledge in order to motivate staff in the workplace
The course will run over 2 days and it will be designed specifically to meet the needs of your organisation by ensuring the in-put is geared at the Groundsman industry.
Experts in the Management and Team Development arena. One member of the team is Green keeper and Groundsman with over 15 years experience. The team will deliver the course, and workshops themselves have been specifically designed to meet the needs of the participants as well as the input being specific to your industry.
The sessions will be realistic, to the point and specific.
The experience within the group will be shared and opportunities to develop these given.
An emphasis will be on practical exercises and a minimum of trainer input.
An opportunity for other senior members of the organisation to have an input in the event to galvanise the whole program.
We firmly believe to encourage an excellent learning environment we must engage staff in meaningful dialogue supported by effective trainer input. However, this will only be part effective if we do not make this a fun experience and many of the exercises used will allow staff to enjoy the sessions with the added benefit of it being a learning experience.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Building and maintaining effective teams
- Effective delegation skills
- Getting the best from others through effective motivation
- Managing in a crisis
- Developing your own leadership style
- Effective meeting skills
- Getting the most from toolbox talks
- The art of one-one meetings
- Negotiating for a win-win situation
- Presenting information through meetings, presentations and reports
- Making an impact with your written communication
- Getting communication right first time
Performance and Quality Management:
- Setting realistic targets and objectives that mean something
- Planning, organising and prioritising yours and your staffs? workload
- Using discipline, grievance and attendance management for the benefit of staff and the organisation
Customer responsiveness and awareness of the internal customer.