First-time exhibitor, Massey Ferguson, will be featuring at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show a representative selection of products from its newly-extended grass and grounds care machinery range suitable for larger gardens, estates and country parks.
Available through the company's extensive sales and service dealer network in the United Kingdom and Ireland, Massey Ferguson's residential and professional product line-up for 2007 comprises a walk-behind mower and walk-behind tiller, nine ride-on garden mowers, a zero-turn rider mower, two garden tractors, 20 sub-compact, compact and mid-sized tractors and a four-wheel drive 2-seater diesel utility vehicle.
Products from Massey Ferguson's new residential and professional ranges that
will be making their RHS Chelsea Flower Show debut on Stand RHW/10 are as follows:
· MF 21SE walk-behind rotary mower - Powered by a 6hp Kawasaki petrol engine, this self-propelled mower offers a three-in-one cutting system (mulch, collect or side-discharge) from a 53cm (21in) cutting deck. The mower has variable speed drive, front castor wheels and deluxe foam grip handles.
- MF 16SFR rotary tiller - Powered by a 6.5hp Briggs and Stratton petrol engine, the tiller comes with forward and reverse gears, side-to-side and height-adjustable handles and a front-mounted balance weight. It has a 46cm (18in) tilling width provided by four tines with fixed side shields and an adjustable rear shield.
- MF 36-15RD, MF 41-20RD and MF 48-23RD ride-on mowers powered by 15hp, 20hp and 23hp petrol engines respectively. All three machines have infinitely-variable hydrostatic drive, cruise control and the ability to mulch or rear-collect from their twin-bladed rotary cutter decks. The first number in the model designation represents the mower's cutting width in inches which equates to 92cm, 102cm and 122cm respectively.
- MF GC2300 sub-compact tractor - Delivering power, performance and agility from exceptionally compact dimensions, this versatile, light-treading hydrostatic drive tractor is ideal for work in larger gardens, parks and estates. Powered by a 22.5hp diesel engine, it will be shown at RHS Chelsea equipped with a front loader and 122cm (48in) mid rotary cutter deck with collector.
- MF 1531 compact tractor - At 32hp, the MF 1531 sits in the middle of Massey Ferguson's 1500 Series tractor range which comprises 13 mechanical and hydrostatic transmission (HST) models from 19.5hp to 46hp. Equipped with three-range HST, the MF 1531 comes with a foldable roll bar, mid and rear power take-offs and a spacious operator platform combining comfort and convenience with thoughtfully laid-out controls and a new automotive style instrument panel.
- MF 20MD Utility Vehicle - Powered by a 20hp Perkins water-cooled diesel engine, the two-seater MF 20MD has four-wheel drive with differential locks on both axles, a wide 1.98m (78in) wheel base and fully-independent suspension on all four wheels. Designed to handle all terrains with equal confidence, the vehicle's 228mm (9in) ground clearance is among the best of any utility vehicle on the market. The rear steel cargo box with rubber block isolation has an internal volume of 0.4 cu m (14.4 cu ft) and a load capacity of 408kg (900lbs). Electric bed lift is optional, as is full road-legal lighting specification. High efficiency stopping is assured by hydraulically-actuated 200mm (8in) disc brakes on all four wheels.
Massey Ferguson's newly-extended line-up of residential and professional grass and grounds care machinery will be making its RHS Chelsea Flower Show debut on Stand No: RHW/10.