Mole Drainage Seminar
Football Foundation and Cranfield University to host free seminar on Mole Drainage technique for pitch drainage
A free seminar for anyone involved in the drainage of football pitches and other natural turf surfaces, is taking place at Cranfield University next week.
The seminar aims to inform the industry about mole drainage - an alternative low cost and less disruptive drainage technique that might be appropriate for pitches with certain soil types. The seminar will include advice on when it should be used, when not to use it - how to get it right and how to avoid the pitfalls.
Venue: Cranfield Centre for Sports Surfaces, Cranfield University
Date: 19 April 2006
Time: 1.00 pm - 4.30 pm
The programme will include presentations by:
- Dr Iain James - The Football Foundation sponsored Mole Drainage research project and its implications for the drainage of natural turf.
- Professor Dick Godwin - Practical guidelines on appropriate machinery and its use in the mole drainage of sports surfaces.
- Alex Vickers - How to implement mole drainage in drainage scheme consultancy and design.
There will also be an opportunity to discuss how mole drainage can be implemented with Steve Shipperley (Football Foundation) and Steve Williams (Football Association).
Anyone interested in booking a place or wanting to find out more can contact Sandra Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01525 863053.
- The Football Foundation is dedicated to revitalising the grass roots of the game, constructing modern football facilities, developing football as a force for social cohesion and as a vehicle for education in communities throughout the country. Funded by the FA Premier League, The Football Association, Sport England and the Government, the Football Foundation is the nation's largest sports charity with a £45m budget going straight into the heart of football.
- The Physical and Financial Benefits of Mole Drainage as an Alternative to Sand Slitting in Slowly Permeable Soils is a report funded by the Football Foundation and undertaken by Cranfield University.