The R&A definition of sustainability in relation to golf course development and management is:
"Optimising the playing quality of the golf course in harmony with the conservation of its natural environment under economically sound and socially responsible management".
To help turf managers achieve the very best results, and demonstrate how you can make a quality, sustainable turf surface a reality we have organised a series of seminars entitled: " Practical sustainability". Encouraging the use and benefits of more frequent over seeding within any prudent turf management program. The events will cover all aspects including:
- Why oversow and which grass ? - Derek Smith, DLF Trifolium
- Creating a receptive rootzone - Martin Ward, Symbio
- Effective overseeding (practical) - Keith Kensett ,R & K Kensett
- Primo Maxx - Simon Barnaby, Syngenta
- Managing for a quality sward - Andy Cole, PSD agronomy / Henry Bechelet S.T.R.I
Who should come?
This will be an exciting and interesting opportunity for all turf professionals. Greenkeepers & Groundsmen interested in improving the quality of their course . The events will be free of charge but numbers will be limited, tickets will be on a first come first served basis. The course is recognised by BIGGA and greenkeepers will qualify for points towards master greenkeeper/ 3 CPD professional credits.
Where are they ? ,Spring Venues:
- Belton woods Golf club Grantham, Lincolnshire 28th March
- Pedham Place Golf Club Swanley , Kent 17th April
- S.T.R.I Bingley , W Yorkshire 19th April
9.00 am arrival and coffee
9.45- 11 Presentations
11-11.30 Practical demonstrations including Graden scarifiers, and Gwazae ground probe aeration
11.30 - 12.30 presentations
12.30 - 1pm Question the panel
1pm - Free buffet lunch
To reserve a place please contact Bev Underwood T:01386 791102