0 School fined after workers suffered electric shocks

A private school has been fined £6,000 after three of its employees suffered electrical burns in an accident.

The King's School Ely must also pay costs of more than £4,000 following the incident on September 15, 2009.

As reported in the News, four of the school's groundsmen were putting up a rugby post on the school's Brand Field when it came into contact with a live 33,000 volt overhead power line.

Three of the men received massive electric shocks and had to take time off work to recuperate.

Trevor Mott, from Littleport, needed skin grafts and his colleagues Ivor Lloyd, also from Littleport, and Chris Young, from Haddenham, both suffered burns.

At a hearing at Ely Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, the school pleaded guilty to breaching Section 33(1)(c) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Regulation 4(3) of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.

See the rest of the article on the following link:-Ely weekly news

Editorial Enquiries Editorial Enquiries

Contact Kerry Haywood

01952 897416
editorial@pitchcare.com

Customers Advertising

Contact Peter Britton

01952 898516
peter@pitchcare.com

Subscribe Subscribe to the Pitchcare Magazine

You can have each and every copy of the Pitchcare magazine delivered direct to your door for just £30 a year.