Building on success the STRI are adding to their South East consultancy team to cater for an increasing and diversifying demand for their services.
The STRI have employed Charles Henderson (HND Turf Science, BA) to add strength to the southern team. Charles, originally from East Yorkshire, England has spent the last four years working as a Sports Turf Agronomist for the New Zealand Sports Turf Institute (NZSTI) throughout the northern area of the North Island.
During time working for the NZSTI, Charles advised on a wide range of sports turf surfaces and construction issues with experience including;
- Grounds Officer for the Auckland Cricket Association.
- Construction feasibility studies, contract documentation, project management of sports fields; bowling greens, croquet lawns and cricket blocks for several regional councils and private clients.
- New Zealand Golf Association advisor throughout the northern area of the North Island
- Bowls New Zealand Association advisor throughout the northern area of the North Island
- School and Council sports field auditing, benchmarking and maintenance planning
Prior to the NZSTI Charles studied a Higher National Diploma in Turf Science and Golf Course Management at Myerscough College and Bachelor of Arts Degree in Landscape Management at the University of Central Lancashire.
Practical experience includes working on the finishing and grow-in of three championship courses including St Andrews Bay in Scotland and The Grove in Hertfordshire. In addition Charles has also experienced managing turf in both tropical and transitional climatic zones.
Feel free to contact Charles to discuss any turf management issues on 07545439908 or at firstname.lastname@example.org