STRI Seminar - Innovations in Sports Turf Management
Epsom Racecourse - 26th June 2003
The Southern Area team STRI is hosting another of its acclaimed one-day seminars. "Innovations in Sports Turf Management"will be held on 26th June 2003 in The Board Room, Queen's Stand, Epsom Racecourse.
This cutting edge seminar is aimed at professionals from all areas of the sports turf industry, including golf course managers, greenkeepers, groundsmen, contractors and relevant departments within local authorities, schools and colleges.
The sessions, presented by STRI experts from throughout the south of England, will be complemented by demonstrations of materials and equipment from a range of contractors and suppliers. Topics will include:
1. Turf nutrition - A look at modern practices in fertiliser use, soil and leaf tissue sampling, supplementary and foliar feed programmes. Who should you be taking advice from?
- 2. Irrigation control and delivery - Real time soil moisture monitoring, ET derivation, and GPS moisture mapping… an ever-widening range of hi-tech options are available to the turf manager. Should you be splashing out?
- 3. Aeration - Slit, slit slit! Hmmmm. Things have moved into the 21st century as different forms of construction demand differing approaches to the perennial need for aeration. What should you be using?
- 4. Sports surface design and construction - Drainage is still king on the best turf, but what's right for each situation? What are the new concepts in drainage, rootzone composition and sports turf design.
- 5. Integrated pest & disease management - Chemical weapons are in decline. Biological warfare may be on the rise. What are the issues to consider?
Costs for the day will be £65 plus VAT including lunch and refreshments. A 15 % discount is available to STRI subscribers.
For further details contact