The Blade Runner bowling green iron has been designed to smooth the playing surface without increasing compaction and bowlers will love the finish the Blade Runner provides.
"The improvement to the green has exceeded all expectations. People used to moan about our green, now we're just given compliments," reports Tom, greenkeeper at Swindon Supermarine Bowling Club.
In common to all Poweroll products, the effectiveness of the machine with operator comfort and convenience is given the highest priority. Also effective for the removal of frost heave.
- A wider base than most irons to provide a very stable platform when changing direction and negotiating slopes on and off the green.
- Large diameter rollers are utilised to reduce compaction by having increased ground contact. This assists a smooth driving action through reduced rolling resistance.
- The rubber mounted engine and hydraulic drive unit is fully contained in a tray to keep
- oil/fuel off the green.
- Conventional greens iron operator position of the driver sat sideways.
- Tiller steering with 2 handed control for precise control of direction.
- Very comfortable for the operator, with ergonomically placed handles, lever and foot control. Seat is adjustable for reach. Hand grips swivel for comfort.
- Optional transportation trolley available.
- Standard rolling width of 1m.
- Honda GX160 QX4 recoil start petrol engine.
- Fitted with an Eaton Model 7 hydrostat for smooth and quiet power delivery in both directions of travel.
- Driving roller 8.5" diameter.
- Twin drum smoothing head rollers are 4.5" diameter and have rounded edges to prevent creasing the ground.
- Convenient foot control for direction and speed.
- A pad-lockable engine cover, to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised access to the engine.
- Final drive by belt (no oily chains near the grass).
- Speed restricted to 12 mph.
- Base size - 1,165mm long x 1,095mm wide.
- Net weight 230kg
Optional extras include a sarel roller with adjustable solid spikes to a depth of 45mm; steel ramps, covered in rubber matting to assist traction; a trolley able to turn at right angles within its own length; a heavy-duty PVC cover; plus a metal case for additional security