A series of Tournament Turf Workshops organised by Bernhard and Company and Syngenta this autumn will give greenkeepers, turf managers and agronomists the essential knowledge and expertise to prepare and present top quality playing surfaces.
Today's golfers consistently demand tournament quality turf. Whether preparing for the club Captain's Week or the Ryder Cup, this autumn's series of Tournament Turf Workshops, organised by Bernhard and Company and Syngenta, will give greenkeepers, turf managers and agronomists the essential experience and practical tips to prepare tournament quality playing surfaces.
Tournament Turf Workshop topics will include:
• Tips and Tricks for Tournament Support, drawing on experience with some of the leading courses to give ideas that will help all golf clubs improve their presentation
• Exciting new developments in turf disease control technology to maintain peak playing surface performance
• Practical methods of mower preparation to create superb playing conditions. Specifically relating to green speed, maintained quality and consistency, resilience and resistance to accumulated stress and overall turf appearance
• Application techniques and innovative solutions developed by Syngenta to optimise the performance of targeted spray treatments
Furthermore, the legendary STRI Turf Agronomist, Henry Bechelet, will be bringing the science of turf management to life. Henry's unique combination of practical knowledge, innovative thinking and passionate enthusiasm for enhancing turf quality will make the nationwide events an essential experience.
The Tournament Turf Workshop events will run from 15th - 19th November at the following prestigious golf club venues:
• 15th November - Fife - Elmwood Golf Club - Training Facility
• 16th November - Manchester - Marriot Worsley Park Golf Club
• 17th November - Bedfordshire - Luton Hoo Golf & Hotel
• 18th November - West Midlands - Robin Hood Golf Club
• 19th November - Kent - Wildernesse Club
The event is free and refreshments and lunch will be provided.
For further information and to book a place please contact Catherine McEwan at Bernhard and Company, tel:01788 811600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or logon to www.greencast.co.uk for further information.
Attending a Tournament Turf Workshop will qualify delegates for BASIS and BIGGA CPD points*.