Preparing the best possible playing surfaces featuring Henry Bechelet of STRI, sponsored by Bernhard and Company and Syngenta
Today's golfers consistently demand tournament quality. Whether you are preparing for the club Captain's Week or the Ryder Cup, this autumn's series of Tournament Turf Workshops, organised by Bernhard and Company and Syngenta, will give you the essential experience and practical tips to prepare tournament quality playing surfaces.
Tournament Turf Workshop topics will include:
• Tips and Tricks for Tournament Support, drawing on experience with some of the leading courses to give ideas that will help all golf clubs improve their presentation
• Exciting new developments in turf disease control technology to maintain peak playing surface performance
• Application techniques and innovative solutions developed by Syngenta to optimise the performance of targeted spray treatments
Also, the legendary STRI Turf Agronomist, Henry Bechelet, will be bringing the science of turf management to life. Henry's unique combination of practical knowledge, innovative thinking and passionate enthusiasm for enhancing turf quality will make the nationwide events an essential experience.
Introducing the STRI Programme, as part of the Performance Measurements for Greens Management, Henry will guide delegates through the process of understanding precisely what conditions they have, and the all important pointers to improving for the future. He will explain how the exciting new system was used so effectively in managing playing conditions and challenges at The Open at St Andrews this year.
The Tournament Turf Workshop events will run from 15 - 19 November 2010 at the following prestigious golf club venues:
• 15th November¬ - Fife - Elmwood Golf Club - Training Facility
• 16th November¬ - Manchester - Marriot Worsley Park Golf Club
• 17th November¬ - Bedfordshire - Luton Hoo Golf & Hotel
• 18th November¬ - West Midlands - Robin Hood Golf Club
• 19th November¬ - Kent - Wildernesse Club
There will be an opportunity for delegates to play golf at Luton Hoo on Wednesday 17th November after the seminar/workshop; please register your interest when booking your place.
For further information and to book a place please contact Catherine McEwan at Bernhard and Company, tel: 01788 811600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.