0 Windswept Pebble Beach set for Monday finish

The final round of the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am has been postponed until Monday after no play was possible on Sunday because of strong winds and heavy rain.

Weather permitting, the 68-man field will tee off from 10:30 a.m. EST, split into threesomes off both tees on the Pebble Beach Golf Links.

Long-hitting American Dustin Johnson will take a four-shot lead over Canadian Mike Weir into the final round, having surged ahead of the pack by firing a five-under-par 67 on Saturday.

However, heavy rain is also expected on Monday and at least 50 percent of the players would have to complete the final round for it count, organizers said.

"Hopefully see if we can get the golf tournament in," PGA Tour vice-president of rules and competition Mark Russell told reporters. "I don't think the wind is going to be as strong tomorrow morning.

"We're mandated by the regulations to do everything we can to play 72 holes, so we're going to see what we can do tomorrow. If we find that we're not going to be able to finish tomorrow, we'll make a decision at that time."

Heavy rain and winds gusting up to 90 kph forced play to be abandoned on Sunday after the scheduled tee times for the final round had been twice put back by a total of six hours.

A 40-foot Monterey pine tree was blown down across the third fairway while several camera towers and tents were toppled, forcing the greenkeeping staff to take swift action.

See rest of the article on the following likk:- Source DailyME.com

Editorial Enquiries Editorial Enquiries

Contact Kerry Haywood

01952 897416
editorial@pitchcare.com

Customers Advertising

Contact Peter Britton

01952 898516
peter@pitchcare.com

Subscribe Subscribe to the Pitchcare Magazine

You can have each and every copy of the Pitchcare magazine delivered direct to your door for just £30 a year.