ThetaKit Moisture Meter
The ThetaKit provides precision soil moisture data. It is easy to use, dependable, affordable - and ideal for use on golf courses and sports stadia.
- Spot check soil moisture content quickly and easily - identify potential dry spots early
- Check the performance of automatic sprinklers
- After saturation, determine the holding capacity of pitches, fairways, greens and tees, to optimise moisture level for best play and appearance
Achieving the highest standards of turf management requires the very best equipment available.
Designed originally for scientific applications, the ThetaKit gives greenkeepers and groundsmen access to research quality equipment - but with the complexity removed. You simply push the probe into the soil, press a button and read off the % moisture content from the LCD.
- ThetaProbe Sensor type ML3 - with 2m cable length
- Spare ThetaProbe rods - pack of 4
- Moisture Meter type HH2 - with spare battery
- Insertion Kit type ML-INK1 - for use in hard soils
- Carrying Case type HHCC3 - to hold all items in kit
This portable kit contains everything you need to make rapid spot readings of soil moisture content.
Features of the ThetaKit
- Waterproof and rugged
- Stable performance - even in saline soils
- Minimal disturbance to soil
- Readout unit stores up to 2100 readings
- Readings hold id numbers for plot and sample
Interchangeable ThetaProbe rods increases the life of the moisture meter indefinitely.
ML3 ThetaProbe Soil Moisture and Temperature Sensor
The next generation of ThetaProbe
The new ThetaProbe has extra features, improved performance and a new look. Within 1% accuracy, the ThetaProbe continues to set the standard for soil moisture measurement but now also measures soil temperature.
- Soil moisture with ± 1% accuracy: - gold standard performance
- New built-in temperature measurement: - ± 0.5°C accuracy
- New adaptable cable system: - extendable, easy handling
- New white body: - reduces radiative heating
- Improved performance in saline soils: - usable in soils up to 2000 mS.m-1
Moisture Meter type HH2
Simple, versatile operation
- The ThetaKit includes the HH2 Moisture Meter which offers impressive functionality in a compact, handheld unit, designed for field use. Readings are displayed on the LCD and can be stored to memory for later download to a PC. Up to 2100 time-stamped readings can be stored. The unit can be operated with one hand, for convenience in the field.
Video demonstrating the ThetaKit in use: STRI Demonstration Video
(skip to 2:58 for ThetaKit).
For further information regarding the ThetaKit, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440250