Johnsons J Premier Pitch Grass Seed
Johnsons J Nitro Premier Pitch is the UK's number 1 sports turf renovation mixture. It uses the highest rated cultivars of Perennial Rye-grass to ensure the sward delivers exceptional wear tolerance and density and recovers rapidly under heavy wear. The use of 100% Perennial Rye-grass ensures that germination and establishment is rapid with the sward being ready to mow within 3-5 weeks. The mix has a proven performance at many of Europe's leading stadia and produces a camera friendly, disease resistant sward which retains an attractive colour in summer and winter.
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.
J Premier Pitch Grass Seed Features
- Proven performance at many of Europe’s leading stadia - delivers exceptional wear tolerance
and disease resistance under stadium management conditions
- 5 cultivar blend incorporates Europe’s highest rated cultivars including Gildarra & Monroe for proven
brown patch tolerance
- Rapid establishment, ready to mow in 3-5 weeks
- Rapid recovery and regrowth from wear
- Camera friendly, attractive colour, high disease resistance, providing a turf with exceptional visual
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
- J Premier Pitch - ProNitro coated option available
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|35 - 75
||25 - 75
||Down to 12
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Premier Pitch Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
For more information about GroMax follow the link below.
Johnsons J Premier Pitch Greens Grass Seed is also available as a fertiliser coated ProNitro mixture, ideal for fast seeding and effective overseeding.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on this product, as an option on orders placed before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections