Johnsons J Premier Green Grass Seed
A unique 60% bent mixture with a fescue nurse crop content to allow for successful overseeding and to enable the Browntop Bent species time to establish. Once established this mix has excellent shoot density which helps to reduce incidences of Poa annua invasion. The high proportion of Browntop Bent in the mix ensure that the sward is extremely tolerant to close mowing and helps to produce a fast playing surface.
|20||Bogart ||Chewings Fescue|
|20||Cezanne||Slender Creeping Red Fescue|
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
*Cultivars are subject to availability, and may differ from that listed.
Premier Green Seed Features
- Unique bent mixture with Fescue nurse crop allows for successful overseeding!
- Fast sustainable greens
- Improves natural disease resistance
- High tolerance to close mowing
- Unbeatable shoot density reduces poa annua invasion
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|15 - 20
||Down to 3.5
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Green Golf & Bowling Greens Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on this product, as an option on orders placed before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections