Finalsan Plus 5L Mapp No. 17928
A non-selective, effective weed killer for use against grass and broadleaved weeds, moss and algae. Delivers rapid activity, down the roots.
- A non-selective herbicide against both grass & broadleaved weeds.
- Two active ingredients = two modes of action
- Effective against both moss and algae
- Fast acting - effects visible within a day
- Lasting control (30 - 60 days) from one application
- Up to two applications per year
- For use on amenity vegetation, natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation and permeable surfaces overlying soil
Active Ingredients & Mode of Action
Finalsan® Plus is a non selective contact herbicide which contains two active ingredients, pelargonic acid and maleic hydrazide.
Pelargonic acid (a fatty acid) penetrates the waxy layer of the leaf cuticle destroying the cell membranes of the plant's epidermal cells. This rapidly releases the cell contents causing rapid desiccation.
The second active ingredient is maleic hydrazide (a growth regulator). When absorbed by the plant it is translocated to the growing points of both roots and shoots resulting in cessation of cell division thus preventing re-growth.
Finalsan® Plus is translocated to the roots ensuring that treated areas remain weed-free. In trials 10 weeks effective control has been observed.
Good control can be expected from Finalsan Plus against a range of weeds including Annual Meadow Grass, Dandelion, Clover, Deadnettle, Common Chickweed, Chamomile, Speedwell, Buttercup and Creeping Thistle.
Finalsan® Plus can also be used to control mosses and algae. Many species of moss and algae are controlled, long-term, with Finalsan® Plus.
Instructions For Use
Good coverage of the weeds with the spray solution is important. Experience suggests that broadleaved weeds are best controlled when up to 10 leaves (eg dandelion) and grass weeds when up to 5- 10cm tall.
Temperatures For Use
Finalsan® Plus works over a range of temperatures. At temperatures above 20°C the weeds turn brown after just a few hours. Even at temperatures of 10°C or above weeds become visibly discoloured after just 24 hours.
It is recommended to re-treat weeds with established roots after 5 to 8 weeks if they have grown to 5- 10cm in height.
Finalsan® Plus is a non-selective herbicide which will kill all green plant on contact. Avoid drift onto non target green plants. Woody plants are not damaged (provided spray solution does not settle on leaves), which means that Finalsan® Plus can be used safely under trees and shrubs.
Continued Use Of Treated Areas
Areas that have been treated with Finalsan® Plus should not be cultivated for a period of 24 hours in order to allow the treatment to become fully effective. Treated areas may be re-entered when the treated foliage has dried.
How To Use
Mixing & Spraying
- Shake well before use
- Mix 1.66 litres of product in 10 litres of water and apply directly to the weeds.
- Good spray cover of the weeds is essential. Weeds must be dry before application.
- At temperatures below 10°C the effects can be reduced.
- Rainfall within 12 hours following treatment may also reduce the effectiveness of the product.
- A repeat application may be necessary after 30- 60 days, but do not apply more than twice per year.
- Treated areas should not be be cultivated until one day after application so that Finalsan® Plus can develop its full efficacy.
- Finalsan® Plus can be used under woody shrubs and trees as it doesn't harm the "woody" parts of the plants.
- All the application equipment must be thoroughly cleaned with water prior to storage or use on another crop.
Apply through a conventional sprayer fitted with a spray shield to prevent drift onto neighbouring plants.
Finalsan® Plus should be diluted with rain or soft water. Fill the mixing container with water until it is approximately 75 to 80% full. Add the appropriate amount of product to the mixing container. Mix thoroughly and add water to achieve the requested dilution rate.
All application equipment must be thoroughly cleaned with water prior to storage or use on another crop.
Re-entry To Treated Areas
Areas treated with Finalsan® Plus can be re-entered immediately once the treated foliage is dry.
Do not directly spray or allow spray drift onto cultivated plants as Finalsan® Plus destroys all green plant parts. Therefore, a spray shield should be used for application in order to protect vulnerable foliage.
Do not use Finalsan® Plus against weeds or mosses in grass.
Do not use Finalsan® Plus for moss control in lawns or grass swards.
For further information regarding Finalsan Plus 5L, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440250