COMPOST TEA PACK (50 L)
When applying compost teas it is crucial to ensure the correct proportion of desirable beneficial soil organisms are present in the optimum quantities to obtain the desired effect in the soil rhizosphere.
Symbio composts are produced to a high standard with rigorous quality assurance procedures. This process results in a quality compost where all of the required species of beneficial bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes are present but pathogenic species are absent.
The contents of this 1.25 kg compost tea pack is suitable for making up to 50 litres of compost tea solution.
The contents of this pack will make sufficient tea to cover the following areas:
- Low Organic matter < 2.5 % - will treat approximately 5,000 – 6,000 m2 e.g. Golf greens, tees, sandy rootzones.
- Medium Organic matter 2.5 % - 4 % - will treat 1 hectare, e.g. Light arable land, soil based football pitches and outfields.
- High Organic Matter 4% and above - will treat approximately 1 - 2 hectares e.g. Heavy arable land, tree nurseries, horticultural growing media.
- Soil Football Pitch 30 L Compost Tea in 400 L Water
- Bowling Green 15 L Compost Tea in 100 L Water
- Cricket Square 7.5 L Compost Tea in 50 L Water
If conditions necessitate then brewing times can be increased as long as additional food (>205 ml) is added every 24-36 hours.
e.g. Maxwell SeaAction Liquid Seaweed.
- 12-16 hours for bacterial tea.
- 18-24 hours for a balanced tea.
- 36-48 hours for protozoan dominant tea.
- Fill 3/4 of the brewer with water.
- If chlorinated water is used aerate brewer for at least 20-30 minutes until all the chlorine has dissipated.
- Add the required amount of compost tea to the water and brew for appropriate time.
- There is no maximum limit to the amount of water which may be used.
To decant switch off the air pump and allow tea to settle for at least 10 minutes.
If a filter is needed before adding to the spray tank, pass the compost tea through a 200 micron mesh filter or pair of tights.
Apply directly onto the ground through a sprayer.
For further information regarding the Symbio Compost Tea Pack, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01902 440250
Delivery on Symbio products can range from 1 to 5 working days. For more information, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440250