Hover Cricket Cover
The Hover Cover is an innovative new design that has revolutionised the way that major cricket grounds protect their squares and pitches.
Patent number 2331466
To enquire about purchase or pricing, please contact our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Developed in 1998 and installed at Lord’s in the same year, it not only reduces the amount of playing time lost to rain but also enables the ground staff to cover the pitch and square within three minutes with much reduced manpower.
“This is not only perfect for cricket - it makes good business sense too” said Tony Dodemaide, Head of Cricket at MCC, after the NatWest Series Final between New Zealand and West Indies in 2004. Play was completed on the day despite several rain interruptions, thus avoiding unnecessary expenditure for an additional day’s play.
- Takes only 3 minutes to cover a cricket pitch compared to that of the normal 10 minutes.
- The Hover Cover is self propelled requiring less ground staff to manoeuvre the cover onto the cricket square.
- The transportation of the Hover Cover leaves no wheel marks or damage to the turf after a deluge of rain, due to it merely hovering above the ground instead.
- Air circulation units help speed up the drying process, ideal for controlling germination.
- Transportation of the Hover Craft is minimalistic and can be moved sideways and on and off pitch more easily.
- Tailor made to the customers own requirement, dimensions are adjustable dependent on the cricket pitch. The average dimensions are 80ft-105 ft long and 15 ft wide.
- Powered by two 20 hp petrol-driven engines, one at each end.
- Integral gutters down each long side are designed to carry square covers on inflatable tubes, and extra covers, if necessary for bowlers run-ups.
Thought about advertising?
The Hover Cover has an ideal space to portray your club's logo with a potential for generating sponsorship/advertising revenue, ideal for all Test Match and County grounds. The advertising print can be done in-house prior to delivery. To enquire about advertising on your Hover Cover contact one of our sales technicians on +44 (0)1902 440250
In short, the Hover Cover is the ideal medium for covering pitches at all major cricket grounds and the potential for generating sponsorship / advertising income means it is also cost effective. The Hover Covers are currently being used at reputable cricket grounds such as Lord's and Old Trafford.
For more information regarding the Hover Cover or any other enquiry, please contact our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.