The Turf Problem Solver
A book which is a educates the reader in turf problems giving solutions, case studies and pest problems are answered (Free P&P).
The title says it all. Written by two authors A.J Turgeon and J.M Vargas Jr it was published 10th January 2006.
Proven solutions to nagging turf problems The Turf Problem Solver is a solutions-oriented guidebook designed to help turf managers maintain optimal turf conditions. Written by two leading experts, this practical tool offers detailed advice on defining, analyzing, and solving today's most common turf problems. Presented in a distinguished case-based approach, The Turf Problem Solver features: Real-world examples and solutions Solutions for environmental, cultural, and pest and pesticide turf problems, coverage of human resources issues, accessible methods for evaluation, analysis, and synthesis. Helpful appendices providing chemical names, maps, conversion charts, and calibration guidelines.
Overview of book:
- Chapter 1. Introduction.
- Case Studies.
- Cycles of Inquiry.
- Chapter 2. Turfgrass Problems.
- Cool-season Turfgrasses.
- Warm-season Turfgrasses.
- Summary of Turfgrass Problems.
- Chapter 3. Environmental Problems.
- Atmospheric Environment.
- Soil Environment.
- Biotic Environment.
- Summary of Environmental Problems.
- Chapter 4. Cultural Problems.
- Cultivation and Topdressing.
- Summary of Cultural Problems.
- Chapter 5. Pest and Pesticide Problems.
- Large Animal Pests.
- Summary of Pest and Pesticide Problems.
- Chapter 6. People Problems.
- Appendix 1: List of Herbicides.
- Appendix 2: List of Fungicides.
- Appendix 3: List of Insecticides.
- Appendix 4: List of Pant Growth Regulators.
For further information regarding The Turf Problem Solver, please contact a member of our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250