Kenilworth Rugby Football Club's dreams of a new ground have taken a step closer to becoming a reality, with the release of the initial architects' drawings.
Fans of Kenilworth RFC received some good news earlier this month, with the release of some 3D drawings and a plan from the Club's architects, AJA.
Kenilworth RFC's new ground will be funded largely through the sale of existing club land for housing. Image, courtesy: aja architects
Back in December, the New Ground Committee gave a presentation on the KRFC's Ground Relocation plans, primarily to bring the club members up to date with the progress of the design of the new club facility.
Construction is due to commence in early 2021, with completion due by August 2022. The relocation site will include 5 full-size pitches. Image, courtesy: KRFC / aja architects
The presentation covered the following aspects of the relocation:
- The background to the choice of the relocation site - now confirmed as the site known as Bullimore Wood, accessed from Warwick Rd, to the south of Kenilworth Cricket Club.
- A brief description of the relocation site - there are two parts to the site, a rectangular area to the east of Warwick Road and (the main) roughly triangular area to the east of the railwayline, bounded by Bullimore Wood to the north and east and the A46 to the south east. The vehicular access to the eastern portion is via the Coat of Arms Bridge.
- A description as to how the brief for the new facility was developed - by discussion with all sections of the club and liaison with Regulatory Bodies.
- The layout of the relocation site - to include five full size pitches (two floodlit and one 3G) and two junior pitches (as shown above)
- The current design for the new Clubhouse - which is two storey and includes changing rooms and conditioning gym on the ground floor and a clubroom, function room and meeting rooms on the second floor
- The next stages are due to commence with surveys this month, followed by formal design and planning, leading to commencement of construction in early 2021 for completion by August 2022
In terms of design influences, the Club stated these as being:
- New Ground Committee Requirements
- Consultation with all sections of the Club
- RFU Requirements
- Sport England Requirements
- Warwick District Council Leisure Services
- Visits to other new facilities
We will keep you posted as this project develops.
To view the original article click here
Source: www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk. Images, courtesy: Kenilworth RFC