Since we launched Pitchcare 11 years ago, we have endeavoured to bring you news and advice for whichever sports and amenity surfaces you look after. Over that time, a massive amount of very useful information has been generated and been made available for new and old members alike. A veritable encyclopaedia of knowledge sits within the pages of Pitchcare.
As storage needs increase, our design and development teams have to work hard to keep up with the demands and requirements, and this has resulted in (I think) our 5th major 'face lift' since we started - so, not quite as many as Doctor Who yet!
The remit for the new look Pitchcare is that the site is a lot clearer and easier to navigate. We have so much great content, which was previously hidden away in the depths of the website, that will now be up in the main navigation.
Whilst most of the site improvements you see today are design related, we will now be able to add many new features into the various sections. Of course, we are always open to member suggestions on further improvements. Just e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to offer ideas on new functions.
Here are a few bullet points on what Pitchcare will now offer,
• Easier to share articles on social media websites
• Much easier sign up process for non members
• Article categories have been streamlined to make it easier to find content
• Easier to use on mobile devices
• Enhanced navigation
• Homepage / magazine homepage have better article display
• Related articles to find other articles similar to the one you are reading
• Thumbs up and down on Message Board
• Thumbnails of newsletters
• Jobs and Used Machinery have new features (more than one image, extra descriptions)
• Fresh new look
Pitchcare has, for 11 years, helped tens of thousands of people improve their turf, and we will be adding many more useful tools to help everyone in their daily work. Please keep sharing and helping others and between us all we'll encourage more people to play sport by producing the quality surfaces they ask for.