Johnsons J Rye Fairway Grass Seed
Designed specifically for high traffic areas, this mix has a high proportion of rhizomatous fescue species which will spread through the Perennial Rye-grass increasing density and resistance to wear. The species of Perennial Rye-grass selected help to deliver a dense, fine leaved sward. The mix has good drought and disease tolerance and excellent year round colour.
|4Turf Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass
|Slender Creeping Red Fescue
|Strong Creeping Red Fescue
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.
*Cultivars are subject to availability, and may differ from that listed.
J Rye Fairway Grass Seed Features
- Very hard wearing under fairway mowing conditions
- Rapid establishment
- Excellent year round colour & disease resistance
- Top rated cultivars deliver an attractive, dense, fine leaved sward
- GroMax treated, maximises seedling development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
|Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
|Mowing Height (mm)
|35 - 50
|15 - 25
|Down to 10
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Rye Fairway Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.