||600 g/l 2,4-D
|Areas of Use
||Amenity grassland, grassland and managed amenity turf
|Mode of Action Group
Active Substances: 600 g/l 2,4-D
Depitone Ultra is an effective and broad spectrum selective herbicide which is ideal for controlling broadleaved weeds such as creeping buttercup, daisies and dandelions on intensively managed turf surfaces such as golf courses; in particular areas such as fairways, semi roughs, tees and surrounds; and winter sports pitches.
The Ethyl Ester form of the active substance 2,4-D which is present in Depitone Ultra is quickly absorbed from the leaf surface into the plant, particularly when air temperatures are cooler (< 21°C). Depitone Ultra is generally most effectively used when plants are actively growing and flower buds are being produced; it is therefore a good choice for spring applications.
Instructions for use
Where to use:
- Amenity grassland - Areas of semi-natural or planted grassland subject to minimal or non-intensive management including airfields and predominantly grassed railway embankments and roadside verges
- Grassland - Short and long-term grass leys and permanent pasture, which may be grazed and /or cut for subsequent animal consumption. Includes use on newly sown leys and moorland for grazing
- Managed amenity turf - Areas of frequently mown, (i.e. mown at least one a week) intensively managed turf, including fields being used for turf production. May include areas for public use including all types of sports turf, golf greens, tees and fairways
When to use:
- The best effect from Depitone Ultra is achieved when weeds are sprayed during their period of maximum growth, usually when the flower buds are beginning to form
- Weed growth stage is the best indicator for application timing . Suitable weed growth stages would normally be expected to occur between March-September
- Vigorous sward growth at the time of application reduces the likelihood and vigour of any weed regrowth
How to use:
- Apply at a rate of 2 l/ha in 200-500 l/ha water to amenity grassland, grassland or managed amenity turf
- Apply using vehicle mounted or handheld spray equipment using a medium spray quality nozzle and a spray pressure of 2-3 bar
- A low rate of fertiliser applied ten days before treatment will assist with weed control and subsequent recovery of the sward
||1 per year
||Vehicle mounted or Handheld equipment
||200 - 500 l/ha
|Managed amenity turf
- Livestock must be kept out of treated areas for at least 2 weeks following treatment and if ragwort is present, until the ragwort has completely recovered or died and there is no visible sign of the dead weed. Do not include ragwort in hay or silage crops
- Do not spray in windy or very still conditions, in rain or if rain is expected within 6 hours
- Do not apply in periods of drought, frosty weather or if frosts are expected
- Do not apply to grass suffering from drought
- Do not mow two days before or one day after spraying
- Do not use on newly sown grass for six months after establishment
- Do not sow any crop into treated soil for at least 3 months after application
- Do not use the first four mowing for mulching
- Do not allow to contact non-crop plants outside of the target area
- Depitone Ultra should not be used in fields adjacent to susceptible crops
- Do not contaminate water with the product or its container
- When applying to local patches of weed great care should be taken to avoid overdosing, otherwise the grass may be scorched and scorching of weeds may result in poorer control due to decreased translocation of the herbicide
- A spray pressure of 2-3 bars is recommended
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: 2,4-D belongs to the synthetic auxins group of herbicides.
Synthetic auxins work by inducing rapid abnormal cell growth and development in the stems, petioles and leaves of susceptible plants causing cell bursts and ultimately cell and plant death.
Mobility: 2,4-D is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application timing: Systemic auxins are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: The incidences of resistance to synthetic auxins remains relatively low which is assumed to be because the herbicide has multiple sites of action.
However, resistance to synthetic auxins has been observed globally with 36 species being confirmed as resistant as of 2017. Best management practices, such as alternating with products with a different mode of action and using cultural weed control methods, will help to reduce the risk of further resistance.
For further information on Depitone Ultra, please contact a member of our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on this product, as an option on orders placed before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections