Johnsons J Multi Sport
A multi purpose mixture designed for schools and colleges where a high quality, flexible sward is required. The Perennial Rye-grass cultivars deliver rapid establishment making this mix ideal for renovation. The strong creeping red fescue reproduces vegetatively through rhizomes enabling it to spread through the Perennial Rye-grass, increasing sward density and wear tolerance. This mix produces a sward with an attractive colour and a clean cut.
|25||Rossinante||Strong Creeping Red Fescue|
| All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.|
*Cultivars are subject to availability, and may differ from that listed.
J Multi Sport Seed Features
- Top rated cultivars, providing a sward of exceptional wear tolerance and density
- Rapid establishment, ideal for renovation
- New generation fine turf strong creeping red fescue Rossinante
- Attractive colour, cuts cleanly
- Turfguard treated, improves establishment & root mass
- GroMax treated, maximises shoot development
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
||Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
||Mowing Height (mm)
|35 - 50
||25 - 50
||Down to 12
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Did you know?
Johnsons J Multi Sport Grass Seeds have a GroMax coating to aid growth and establishment.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on this product, as an option on orders placed before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections