Maxwell Turf Hardener
Advanced Chelated Calcium Formulation
Advanced source of bioavailable calcium (15% CaO w/v) containing natural plant growth stimulants to facilitate optimum calcium uptake and translocation within the grass plant.
- Naturally chelated – for optimised foliar application and absorption.
- Highly mixable – with other plant strengthening elements as part of an ITM approach.
- Low nitrogen formulation – carefully balanced to maximise uptake and activate plant function without stimulating lush susceptible growth.
Maxwell Turf Hardener is designed to strengthen turf and increase the grass plant’s ability to withstand stress. It may be applied alone or in tank-mixtures with other products. The unique formulation facilitates rapid uptake of the calcium into the grass plant, producing a harder, more disease resistant sward.
Maxwell Turf Hardener is specifically formulated to successfully tank mix with other elemental plant hardeners, such as Maxwell Bullet Chelated Iron and Maxwell Bullet Phosphite. When combined these plant nutrients can work synergistically within the plants systems to create natural non-pesticidal disease suppression as part of an Integrated Turf Management approach.
Maxwell Turf Hardener can be applied all year round.
|Maxwell Turf Hardener (L)
||Water Volume (L)
|20 - 40
||300 - 450
|Total Nitrogen (N)
| Nitrate (N)
| Ammonium (N)
Why choose Maxwell Turf Hardener?
- Uniquely chelated with natural acid technology that is not present in other products on the market, making Maxwell Turf Hardener highly bioavailable to the plant with increased calcium movement through the xylem and into the cells.
- Balanced nitrogen level in Maxwell Turf Hardener has been carefully constructed to allow plant tissues to be optimally activated, just enough to absorb the calcium, but not to excess. Thereby not stimulating excessive, weak vegetative growth more susceptible to turf diseases such as Microdochium nivale.
- Competing products often use calcium carbonate (lime), which leads to a higher pH not suitable for turf grass.
- Foliar application allows calcium to be absorbed efficiently and reach the growing points rapidly. Preventing negative interactions in the soil where calcium can inhibit the absorption of boron, magnesium and phosphorus, and lead to the vaporization of nitrogen.
- Formulated with three complimentary plant elements to facilitate maximum uptake efficiency and grass plant function in a natural way.
- Magnesium – prevents an imbalance in calcium-magnesium ratio.
- Zinc – maximises auxin synthesis, the essential hormone for calcium uptake into actively growing plant cells.
- Boron – corrects deficiencies as like calcium, boron is immobile in the phloem, so both calcium and boron deficiencies are most commonly found under stressful conditions when xylem flow has been restricted.
- Significantly less hazardous to human health than competing products (see associated safety data sheets for further information).
For further information on Maxwell Turf Hardener, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01902 440250.
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on this product, as an option on orders placed before 12 noon - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information. More delivery info
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on 01902 440250.Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product. More info on collections