Roundup ProActive 360 - MAPP no. 17380
Roundup ProActive 360 is a foliar applied translocated herbicide developed using a new surfactant system containing a unique, patented blend of two surfactants. Roundup ProActive has been developed for use on weeds in hard surfaces, amenity vegetation, enclosed waters, natural surfaces which shouldn't bear vegetation, as well as land immediately adjacent to aquatic areas and open waters.
Key Benefits of Roundup 360
- Roundup ProActive can be rainfast in one hour for annual weeds, and four hours for perennial weeds.
- Unique ProActive formulation gets more glyphosate into the plant
- Hazard free label - safer for the operator, public and pets
- New low drift properties for best practice herbicide application
- Superior long term control of difficult perennial weeds
- Biodegrades in soil and water, excellent rainfastness
- Make the most of those precious weather windows
- Highest levels of performance and safety
- Preferred under COSHH
Roundup ProActive is an evolution from Roundup Pro Biactive, and is its replacement for superior weed control. ProActive is an upgrade of the familiar, successful and effective biactive formulation, Roundup Pro Biactive 360. If you've used Roundup Biactive in the past, ProActive should now be your first choice.
Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup ProActive, controls weeds by blocking the plant's enzyme system. These enzymes, which are present in plants, do not occur in humans, animals, birds or fish. Hence, Roundup ProActive is safe to everything except green plants.
Roundup 360 is approved for use in areas open to the public and animals, or even near water!
How Roundup ProActive Works
- For a herbicide to function it must first break through the waxy surface of the leaf and enter the plant cells.
- This is achieved by developing a formulation containing an adjuvant or surfactant which breaks down the waxy cuticle.
- Differences in glyphosate formulations are brought about by the different surfactants they contain.
- Original Tallow Amine products have been superceded in both safety and efficacy by Roundup ProActive.
Application Rates & Timing
Roundup ProActive provides control of a wide range of established annual grasses, annual broad leaved weeds and perennial weeds.
Application Timing for Roundup ProActive 360:
|Equivalent Dilution |
Mls Roundup ProActive per litre water*
|1.5 ||1:133 or 7.5ml/litre water ||Seedling annual grasses and |
annual broad-leaved weeds
|2 ||1:100 or 10ml/litre water ||Weed suppression |
Overall in conifers
|3 ||1:66 or 15ml/litre water ||Woody weeds around trees |
|4 ||1:50 or 20ml/litre water ||Perennial grasses |
|5 ||1:40 or 25ml/litre water ||STANDARD RATE |
Perennial broad-leaved weeds,
Emerged aquatic weeds
|6 ||1:33 or 30ml/litre water ||Floating aquatic weeds |
|10 ||1:20 or 50ml/litre water ||Rhododendron, Ivy, |
Horsetail and difficult
|In a mixed weed population, choose the rate to control the most difficult weeds present. |
|* Using standard nozzles giving 200 litres per hectare, at 1 bar pressure and a walking speed of 1 metre per second, a 20 litre knapsack covers 1000 metres² |
The timetable needs to be flexible according to conditions rather than calendar. The first spray should not be done until weeds have emerged and are actively growing and this will vary from year to year according to the weather.
The graph below shows spray windows as late April to mid-May for Spring treatment, with a subsequent optional spray in Summer, and a further spray in the period August to September.
Roundup ProActive 360 Superior Performance
Formulated using the patented surfactant blend, Roundup ProActive 360 is a complete product that contains two adjuvants. Alone they offer excellent benefits, but in combination the synergistic effect of these two adjuvant partners ensures an outstanding performance.
Retention, uptake and translocation are enhanced; so more glyphosate gets to the growing points providing superior long-term weed control. These adjuvants increase reliability over a vast range of applications and weather conditions, particularly rainfall.
This unique formulation is protected by patents unlike most other adjuvants. No other glyphosate-based products contain this patented formulation. So, if it doesn't say ProActive on the can, it isn't ProActive in the can.
Roundup ProActive 360 is Environment Friendly
Besides providing superior control of a wide range of weeds, Roundup ProActive 360 has been developed with commitment and concern for the environment firmly in mind.
Roundup ProActive 360 has been specially formulated to offer an enhanced standard of operator safety. It is not a hazardous substance as defined by COSHH, when used in accordance with the label, and it does not carry a hazard symbol. In the environment, it provides up to 100 fold improvement in safety to some of the most sensitive animal species, when compared to older glyphosate formulations.
Roundup ProActive 360 Synergistic Activity
Monsanto has used two adjuvants in a special combination to enhance the performance of Roundup ProActive.
- A hydrophilic non-ionic humectant: extends the period of glyphosate uptake from the treated leaf.
- A cationic Quaternary Ammonium Compound (QAC) which strongly binds to the leaf surface without damaging the plant cells allowing the active ingredient, glyphosate, to diffuse into the leaf with minimal stress to the plant - This ensures minimal glyphosate is locked up in the leaf ensuring maximum movement through the plant, boosting weed kill and improving reliability.
For the professional control of Japanese Knotweed - Stem Injection Equipment
For prices on bulk orders of Roundup ProActive 360 (5L), please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440250.