The Amenity Forum working with partners is promoting a week of celebration commencing September 20th. Too often the work of those in managing amenity and sports spaces goes unnoticed and this week gives opportunity for all to learn more about what they do, really keeping Britain moving. Never has this been more highlighted than in the past year, keeping transport networks working, parks open for exercise and enjoyment and more.
In Green Feet Week, organisations and individuals working in the sector will get involved in charitable activities, large and small, and tell their stories of what they do and why what they do matters to everyone. So what is planned will be fun, raise valuable funds for charity and highlight the importance of amenity management to the lives of everyone.
John Moverley, Chairman of the Amenity Forum, said ''I often say it but it is so true that what happens in amenity management impacts upon every UK citizen every day with all involved seeking to create safe, sustainable amenity and sports spaces fit for purpose'
Kate Cooney from Perennial, the charity that helps people in horticulture, said ''We are very pleased to support this initiative and highlight the work of so many, so often not understood or recognised. It is a brilliant and fun idea with a very real and important purpose''
Some further information on how to get involved is provided below and if you have further questions, we will be happy to help if we can. Throughout the period leading up to the week, we will release progress updates and stories about those getting involved and all press enquiries should again be directed to Kate at email@example.com
How to get involved
It is really easy to take part with the overall aim of raising awareness of the sector, its brilliant work across the UK and the amazing employees that have worked tirelessly to ensure that green spaces are available and accessible to everyone; most importantly we are looking to raise some money for charities, who have really suffered over the pandemic and would appreciate some support themselves.
Here is how:-
- If you are an organisation, or individual, working within the sector we are looking to you to get involved with a charitable activity during the week commencing 20 September 2021.
- Choose the Charity you wish to support - Perennial is our partner for the event as they look after people in horticulture, but it can be a charity chosen by you or your organisation.
- Select what you are going to do to raise money - this might be a sponsored walk in your local park, a cake sale, football match between departments, the list is endless!
- Let the Amenity Forum know what you are planning and when so that we can promote your activity via our social media channels
- Enjoy yourselves, raise some money for charity
Promote the sector and the charitable activity within your own press outlets and via the Amenity Forum. The sector trade press is supporting this event too, so they would love to hear from you too and feature your activities in their magazine articles about the event.