|Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL
|Areas of Use
|Amenity vegetation, forest, forest nursery, hard surfaces, natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation, permeable surfaces overlying soil
|Mode of Action Group
|Inhibition of EPSP synthase
Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL 5L - MAPP No. 17997
Active ingredients: 360 g/L glyphosate.
Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL is a foliar applied systemic penetrant total herbicide. Glyphosate moves systemically within treated plants to give effective control not just of top growth but also roots of unwanted vegetation.
The effectiveness of Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL is improved by the inclusion of a surfactant in the formulation. This increases the penetration of the active substance into plant cells leading to better control of treated plants.
The product can be used with a variety of applicators, including weed wipers and controlled droplet applicators as well as conventional spraying equipment.
This 5 L bottle is sufficient to treat up to 3.3 ha.
Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL gives post-emergence control of a wide range of annual and perennial broad-leaved and grass weed.
Instructions for use
Where to use
For use on
- Amenity vegetation - Any areas of semi natural or ornamental vegetation, including trees (see product label for susceptible non-target plants)
- Forest - Groups of trees being grown in their final positions
- Forest nursery - Areas where trees are raised outside for subsequent forest re-planting.
- Hard surfaces - Any man-made impermeable surface, such as concrete or asphalt and including railway ballast.
- Natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation - Areas of soil or natural outcroppings of rock that are not intended to bear vegetation
- Permeable surfaces overlying soil - Any man-made permeable surface (excluding railway ballast), such as gravel, that overlies soil and is not intended to bear vegetation.
When to use
Apply once grasses and broadleaved weeds have emerged and are actively growing (normally March to October). Perennial broad-leaved weeds are generally most susceptible when at or near flowering stage. Perennial grasses must have produced fresh leaves which are green and vigorous. A period without rain of at least six hours and preferably 24 hours must follow application.
How to use
Recommended application rates, water volume and application equipment varies depending on the area of use and type of weed being targeted. Please refer to the product label for full details for your situation. The table below gives a general guide:
|800 - 400 L/ha
(40 l/ha for rotary atomisers)
|Perennial grasses and broadleaved weeds
- For tractor mounted and powered sprayers or handheld spray equipment, apply at a rate of 1.5-5 l/ha in 80-400 l/ha water using a medium or coarse spray quality nozzle. Use gentle agitation when filling to distribute the herbicide evenly through the sprayer and add a defoamer if required.
- For knapsack sprayers, apply at a rate of 1.5-5 l/ha in 80-400 l/ha water.
- For conventional rotary atomisers use a minimum spray volume of 40 l/ha and ensure that the droplet diameter falls within the range 200-300 microns.
- For ropewick applicator weed wipers, use 1 part Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL to 2 parts water, adding a water-soluble dye if required.
- For new generation weed wipers, use 1 part Monsanto Amenity Glyphosate XL to 10-20 parts water.
- Avoid contact with non-target plants
- A period of at least 6 hours and preferably 24 hours rain-free must follow application.
- Do not spray onto weeds which are naturally senescent or where growth is impaired by drought, high temperatures, dust, flooding or frost.
- Do not spray in windy conditions.
- After application cultivate before crop drilling if large concentrations of decaying plant matter is present.
Bio-Chemical Mode of Action: Glyphosate belongs to the Inhibition of Enolpyruvyl Shikimate Phosphate Synthase (ESPS) group of herbicides.
ESPS herbicides work by shutting down the shikimate pathway which is used in the production of the proteins it needs to grow and survive.
Mobility: Glyphosate is a systemic penetrant which means that the active substance can be translocated downwards through the plant within the phloem (sugar conducting tissues) and upwards through the plant within the xylem (water conducting tissues).
Application timing: ESPS herbicides are best applied when the weeds are actively growing. They are generally more effective when target plants are younger and in their vegetative phases.
Resistance: As of 2018, 38 weed species distributed across 37 countries and in 34 different crop and 6 non-crop situations had been identified.
For further information regarding Mosanto Amenity Glyphosate XL, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.