|400 g/L asulam
|Field of Use
|Areas of Use
|Amenity grassland, forest, grassland, moorland
|Mode of Action Group
|Inhibition of dihydropterate synthase
Active Ingredients: Asulam 400g/L (as a soluble concentrate formulation).
Asulox, over many years, has established itself as the UK’s market leading product for bracken control. The active substance, asulam, targets bracken infestations and is translocated throughout the plant to provide effective control. Herbicidal symptoms following application of Asulox are virtually absent in the year of spraying but in the following season there is little or no bracken re-growth. Completing a programme of follow up sprays with Asulox can greatly extend the bracken free period for land that has been treated.
Enhance performance of ground-based applications of Asulox with Mixture B non-ionic wetter/spreader.
Keep an eye on treated areas and improve application accuracy with Eye SPI Spray Pattern Indicator.
Instructions for use
Where to use:
- Amenity grassland - Areas of semi-natural or planted grassland subject to minimal or non-intensive management including airfields and predominantly grassed railway embankments and roadside verges.
- Forest - Groups of trees being grown in their final positions (pre-planting and in the first five years after planting only).
- Grassland - Includes short and long-term leys which may be grazed and/or cut for subsequent animal consumption.
- Moorland - Land grown for grass production for grazing.
Aerial application is permitted on the crops listed above. A buffer zone of 90 m from water bodies must be observed (unless a Local Environmental Risk Assessment for Pesticides (LERAP) permits a narrower buffer zone).
Ground based application is permitted only on areas with:
- A statutory conservation designation,
e.g.: Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- An Agri-Environment Scheme, e.g.:
Specific agreement with Natural England for bracken control including the use of Asulox must be obtained.
When to use:
|Asulox Application Window
Applications are permitted from the 1st July 2023 – 11th September 2023 only.
- Primary treatment: Treat bracken when it is in full frond (all fronds fully expanded).
- Follow up treatment: Treat at the same timings as primary treatment to avoid subsequent re-growth.
How to use:
- Half fill the spray tank with water
- Add the required amount of Asulox
- Top up with water
- Ensure thorough mixing before commencing spraying
|5 - 11 l/ha
|44 - 55 l/ha (1 part Asulox to 4 parts water)
|Low drift nozzles only
|1 per annum
|Ground based application (vehicle mounted sprayer)
|10 - 11 l/ha
|400 - 500 l/ha
|Medium or coarse
|Ground based application (knapsack sprayer or hand lance)
|4 parts (minimum)
|Medium or coarse
- Fronds must not be damaged before treatment.
- Do not apply during or following drought, high temperature or low humidity.
- Do not cut bracken for at least 4 weeks after spraying.
- At least 6 weeks should elapse before applying Asulox and sowing or planting any subsequent crop.
- Do not admit livestock for at least 1 month after treatment, or until ragwort (if present) is no longer visible.
- Some grasses and herbs may be damaged by Asulox. Refer to the label for specific species sensitivity.
- End users are requested to supply information relating to their use of Asulox to the Bracken Control Group to assist with future registration of the active substance, Asulam.
Bulk discount prices are available for large quantity purchases of over 20 L. Please call our sales team for more information. Always read the label before purchase and use. For further information on Asulox Herbicide, speak to a technical sales advisor on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.
Safe use of pesticides
The purchaser and/or end users are responsible for ensuring that these products are used in line with industry Approved Codes of Practice. All operators must be trained and certificated in using and applying any Ministry Approved professional product.
Please be aware that by proceeding you are purchasing a professional pesticide product.
You must ensure the end user of these products complies with the DEFRA/HSE Code for the Safe use of Pesticides:
"By law, everyone who uses pesticides professionally must have received adequate training in using pesticides safely and be skilled in the job they are carrying out."