Colour Boost Amenity Flowers: Biodiversity
|Alpine Rock Cress
|Multi colour mix
Where to sow Colour Boost
Colour Boost is well suited to a range of soil types and environments including public green spaces and gardens.
Land that is competely shaded or enclosed by trees should be avoided. Most species included in the Colour Boost mixtures require full, or at least half, sunlight to flourish. In addition, while the species selected demonstrate resistance to drought, some moisture will need to be present for them to thrive.
Spaces that are susceptible to weed ingress, such as landfills, farmland or old vacant sites, should be avoided.
When to sow Colour Boost
The ideal time to sow Colour Boost is when the soil is warm and moist enough to promote germination - this would traditionally be in the spring. Sowing of Colour Boost is possible from the end of March or beginning of April, when the period of late spring frosts is over. Sowing can then take place until approximately the end of June depending on conditions.
How to prepare the ground for sowing
Preparing the ground is a crucial step to ensure the best results from your Colour Boost mix. Under no circumstances should seed be sown onto an area that is currently covered, such as into an existing lawn.
To achieve optimal germination, the soil may need to be worked, prepared and/or treated before the seed is sown. When sowing Colour Boost, the seed should be in adequate soil contact and lightly covered.
How to sow Colour Boost
- Keep the seed in its original packaging at normal temperatures (5°C to 20°C) until the day you intend to sow.
- Shake the can or bag in order to adequately mix the seeds before sowing.
- Whether you are undertaking the sowing operation by hand or by machine, ensure you continue to mix the seed throughout in order to achieve an even distribution of plants.
- The ideal sowing method will be determined by the area being planted.
- For Colour Boost mixtures, the ideal sowing rate is between 3-5 g/m2.
- For areas under a few hundred m2, hand sowing is likely to deliver the best results. For larger areas, mechanised sowing will be better suited.
- The use of a micro-granule or fertiliser applicator is recommended where possible. Ensure that the seeds are lightly covered and use a suitable roller to help achieve that desired seed contact with the soil.
- Utilising a seed drill is also advised.
Colour Boost Maintenance
Colour Boost mixtures require little maintenance. They do not need watering, feeding or treating with pesticides. The small ecosystem they create when established will sustain Colour Boost species and allow them to thrive freely.
For mixtures containing Biennials and Perennials such as Biodiversity that are to be kept for more than one year, cut back and collect all the top growth before the next spring. Hand weed or spot treat any undesirable species.
Colour Boost Range
Add colour, biodiversity and interest to your space with Colour Boost.
The Colour Boost range has been designed for maximum floral impact, incorporating both wildflower and garden flowering species. Colour Boost mixtures establish rapidly to deliver a dazzling floral display throughout the year, whilst providing welcome food and shelter for wildlife.
In order to meet with the increasing demand for conservation mixtures, the Colour Boost range has been formulated to be high-quality, maximum-impact mixtures designed for amenity spaces. There is a mixture to suit most situations, not only improving visual merit, but restoring critical habitats for insects, small mammals and bird populations. Only the best quality varieties are selected to deliver consistent results, strong visual impact and bring benefit to the immediate environment.
Colour Boost will satisfy the desire to bring aesthetic appeal to public spaces, while providing valuable habitat and a source of food to a variety of wildlife. For butterflies, bees and other pollinators they provide a valuable source of pollen and nectar at a time when many areas of their natural environment are under threat.
Benefits of the Colour Boost Range:
- Easy to grow, with relatively low levels of input required throughout the season
- Cost effective way of improving aesthetic appeal of a space
- Robust, fast-flowering mixtures with long-lasting results
- Improve engagement and interaction with the environment
- Reduce water and chemical consumption
- Improve biodiversity and create habitats for wildlife
If you require any further information on the Colour Boost Amenity Flowers: Biodiversity, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.