MM11 Grass Seed
A traditional 80:20 Fescue and Bent mixture for the overseeding, renovation and construction of superior quality grass swards. The cultivars used in this mix have low nutrient and irrigation requirements but still produce a fine, dense sward which creates a superior playing surface. The seed mix is tolerant of close mowing and has excellent disease resistance. Good tolerance to wear makes this seed suitable for use in high traffic areas.
|All cultivars chosen in this mixture are independently tested and rated for performance by the Sports Turf Research Institute.
*Cultivars are subject to availability, and may differ from that listed.
MM11 Grass Seed Features
- Produces a fine, dense sward for superior playing surfaces
- Tolerant of close mowing
- Excellent disease resistance
- Good wear characteristics
- Lower nutrient and irrigation requirements
Directions for Use
|Sowing Rate (g/m2)
|Overseeding Rate (g/m2)
|Mowing Height (mm)
|25 - 35
|Down to 4
- Prepare the surface before sowing ensuring that:
- Stones & weeds are removed.
- There is sufficient drainage.
- The surface is level and firm.
- The surface is moist.
- Sow the seeds evenly, using the correct sowing rate to a depth of approximately 10 mm.
- Ensure that the surface remanins moist for at least 2 - 3 weeks.
- Make the first cut when the grass is 5 - 6 cm tall and tillering has started.
- Prepare the existing turf by removing excess thatch and limiting irrigation and fertilisation.
- Apply using the correct overseeding rate.
- For best results use a disc seeder or a studded seed roller.
Improving Amenity Grass Establishment with HEADSTART® GOLD
HEADSTART® GOLD is the improved seed technology that works to help improve amenity grass establishment in all situations. This, in addition to the quality of MM seed, provides turf with the best available start in all reseeding of sports and amenity circumstances. Used in all the Designer ranges, HEADSTART® GOLD covers areas in association with Winter Sports, Summer Sports, Golf, Landscapes with Ryegrass and Landscapes without Ryegrass.
Disclaimer: Occasionally shortages of some varieties may occur, therefore we reserve the right to replace unavailable varieties with a suitable alternative. Any alteration to the mixture will be clearly shown on the bag label. Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply. For further information regarding this, please contact our technical sales team on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.