The six species of naturally occurring bacteria in Algaphite Bio are specifically selected to reduce the levels of phosphate and nitrates in water which contribute to the growth of aquatic algae and blanket weed in lakes and ponds. Helping to improve the visual appearance of these water bodies as well as promoting an improved balance of flora and fauna within the water system.
Algaphite Bio is available in two options, a 500 ml liquid for dispensing and pouring into the water as well as 200 g sachets designed to be evenly distributed across the surface of larger bodies of water.
|One dose treats
|500 ml liquid
|252 million nitrate and phosphate reducing bacteria per gram
|Up to 250 l water
|Up to 4 weeks
|One sachet treats
|15 x 200 g sachets
|3 billion nitrate and phosphate reducing bacteria per gram
|Up to 50 m³ water
|Up to 4 weeks
Instructions for use
Where to use
- For use in enclosed waters such as ponds and lakes which have limited or no outflow
When to use
- For best results, start using early in the growing season when water temperatures exceed 10°C and before algae and blanketweed are visible (approximately March)
- Continue applying once a month until water temperatures are below 10°C (approximately October)
- When blanketweed or algae is present initially, Algaphite Bio can be used once a week for one month
How to use
|200 ml liquid
|200 g sachets
- If using sachets they will dissolve when in contact with water, releasing trillions of nitrate and phosphate consuming bacteria
- UV lights should be switched off for at least the first seven days following treatment
- Fountains or other water aeration features should be left on throughout treatment
- Results should be visible within 2-4 weeks of treatment
- Algaphite Bio is not harmful to wildlife
For further information on Algaphite Bio, please contact a member of our technical sales team on 01902 440280.
Delivery and Returns
Delivery charge (if applicable) applied at checkout. Next working day delivery is available on some products, as an option on orders placed before 1pm - excludes festive season & bank holidays. Please note deliveries to Highlands, Cornwall and more remote areas may take longer. Surcharges apply for non mainland locations, call for more information - More delivery information.
For large orders, please be aware that if you require a smaller 7.5 tonne lorry, the maximum weight for pallets is 750 kg - otherwise the standard pallet size limit of 1000 kg applies.
If you have any access restrictions for lorries or large vehicles please speak to our sales team on +44 (0)1902 440250.
Collection from our Telford, Shropshire, Trade Counter is available for this product - More collections information.